Last week, the earliest Beta version of the game was released to a small group of testers, and so far there has been a lot of great suggestions and feedback and a small number of bugs found to squash. I have a nice, lengthy Changelog which is accumulating more items each day, which is satisfying to me.
There haven't been many bad issues, and only a couple of relatively minor graphical issues. One of the troubles, naturally, was early game balance and players being eaten to death by cows and wolves, so I made changes in that department. I am making a brand new Intro/tutorial sequence that I hope is engaging and interesting as well as informative. I just recently finished creating the big bad guy for the game, and I am pretty pleased with how he came out both art-wise and mechanic-wise.
I am working to fix what bugs I can and continue to add more content into the game, while my Coder-At-Arms fixes the more insidious bugs and diligently upgrades the existing code (he already removed the load-times even on crappy systems like my ancient laptop between maps). I am going to release 1.1.0 to the same group of folk testing the 1.0.0 version, and then I am going to focus on bigger additions to the game after, and then start including more testers. I set up a small, off-site forum for testers to post their suggestions, bugs, and balance issues, and I am pleased with how its working so far.
I am also in the process of setting up an official website, ultimately where the finished product will be purchasable to non-backers, and contain all sorts of information and other goodies. I will be sure to inform everyone when the site is ready.
This update will be a short one because I have a lot of work ahead of me and I want to get to it! Have a great weekend everyone!